General Product Guidelines
We require that certain guidelines be followed before a product can be published on Blender Market. What follows is a very basic list of our minimum requirements and some general guidelines for your products.
Product File Requirements
- All models, textures, shaders, etc. must be render-ready. This means that a user should be able to purchase your product, download it, open it in Blender, hit Render and see basically what they see in your product images.
- Name your .blend scenes descriptively and logically. For example:
- Suggested File Structure Options:
| Example 1:
|| Example 2:
- Give logical names to all objects in your .blend, including meshes, materials, textures, armatures, bones, scenes, etc. Here's a great example of good organization within a Blender file:
- Remove orphan textures, materials, and meshes from the final .blend.
- Make sure your link paths are set to relative paths.
- Make sure all textures are either packed within the .blend file or in a texture folder that accompanies the .blend file.
- If you use an HDRI in your .blend, it must be packed and licensed so it can be redistributed. HDRI Haven has many great HDRI's that are licensed under CC0 so you can redistribute them safely.
Product Presentation Requirements
- Provide at least 5 render images, 3 beauty shot renders and 2 wireframes. Images should be at least 1200px wide PNG or JPG image.
- Create a help document. All files should have documentation that clearly and thoroughly explains how to use your product. This documentation can be a pdf, doc, or HTML file. It should be detailed enough that a user can open and start using your .blend right away. We also highly recommend creating a tutorial that demonstrates how to use your .blend. For some .blends, this will be very simple. For other .blends, like characters with rigs, you should provide more in-depth instructions.
Requirements for Add-ons:
- Provide installation instructions for your add-on. These instructions can be included in your general documentation.
- Provide general documentation that addresses how to use your add-on. This should be detailed enough that a user can install and start using your product right away.
- We highly recommend including a tutorial on how to use your add-on.
We require that you offer a basic level of support for your products. As numerous marketplaces have shown, more support usually translates into more sales.